Uses And Benefits Of Steroids As An Anti-inflammatory
It can be difficult at times to determine what differentiates a particular product from the other, what differentiates a brand from the other. The same can be said for products and brands that make steroids. There are so many boxes you need to tick when looking for the best steroids for yourself. And even before you do so, you will need to know what steroids are, the side effects, what they do and the benefits they – the manufacturer, m claims.In this article, we would be discussing what steroids are, their uses, benefits and side effects.This will help you in making the right choices when trying out a brand that sells natural steroids.
What are steroids?
They are man-made hormones that are made using chemicals and they can replicate the action of the normal hormone in the body system.
Steroids are also known as corticosteroids and have been designed such that by acting like the hormones in the body.
You should know taking steroids will not cure your condition but they can help alleviate some of the symptoms like inflammation, which is the body’s response to infection or bacteria.
Inflammation is the body’s way of dealing with an infection, the immune system would produce extra fluid to help the body fight bacteria or an infection and this can cause swelling.
- Prednisolone, betamethasone and dexamethasone: are used in rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and gout and then in inflammatory arthritis or autoimmune conditions. They do so by reducing the level of inflammation throughout the body.
- Methylprednisolone, triamcinolone and hydrocortisone. This is also used in individuals with rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, gout, and other types of conditions.
- Prednisolone can also be used in uveitis to reduce eye inflammation.
- Hydrocortisone, mometasone, betamethasone and clobetasol can be used in patients suffering from psoriatic arthritis. They also help in reducing eye inflammation and that on the skin.
Steroids are usually given orally for a short period. Hence, it is advisable to be used only when there is a flare-up of the pain or condition.
Side effects include:
- Inappropriate weight gain and also increased appetite
- Stomach pain and the problem of indigestion and/or heartburn.
Creams and gel
- Changes in colour,
- stretch mark in some individuals
- Increased hair growth
- Skin thing all of a sudden.
- Thinning of the skin
Eye drops and ointment:
- Stinging or burning after applying the drops and/or ointment.
- They leave a funny taste when they are used
- They help in boosting your endurance.
- They can also help you in feeling so weak all the time
- It will boost your tolerance for intense and/or rigorous training, and so many more.